Monday, August 22, 2011

Swaddling Practice

One of our close friends of the family gave us a DVD and this special swaddler called a wombie at the Palatka shower.  She said that her son and daughter-in-law that just had a little boy swear by the video and wombie and she is now getting that for everyone who has babies.  When we first got to NC we didn't have cable for about a week and a half - so we watched a lot of DVD's ---- including this one.  I put it in and started watching it and Daniel came out and sat down and proceeded to watch the whole thing with me. For whatever reason, even though he has 3 nieces/nephews now, and regardless of the amount of times he held them as infants - it is like every time he holds a newborn it is the first time - so I think he is genuinely nervous (even though I know he will be perfectly fine).  Anyway - he watched the video and was trying to memorize everything the guy was saying about soothing an upset baby.  Next thing I know he comes out of the nursery with a stuffed elephant and a swaddling blanket and begins practicing.  I must say - he is getting good :)




SO --- does anyone know any newborns in NC that Dan can practice on?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment